BRINGING SAFETY HOME…
WITH RESIDENTIAL FIRE SPRINKLERS
Illinois Coalition Mobile App
The Illinois Fire Sprinkler Coalition has developed a mobile app to educate the public and elected officials on home fire sprinklers. The app is a resource for fire sprinkler information for all sprinkler advocates. Get more information.
Make a Convincing Case for Home Fire Sprinklers
SPRINKLERS DO MORE THAN SAVE LIVES
SMOKE ALARMS AREN’T ENOUGH
HOME FIRES ARE A MAJOR PROBLEM
HOME FIRE SPRINKLERS ARE COST EFFECTIVE
DISPEL MYTHS ON SPRINKLER EFFECTIVENESS
Download this fact sheet from FireSprinklerInitiative.org
The majority of today’s fire deaths are occurring at home, the place where people tend to feel the safest. Here’s how you can help reduce these tragedies in your community:
- Get Educated – Visit the National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA) Fire Sprinkler Initiative for free research reports, advocacy materials, and home fire sprinkler legislation updates
- Take Action – Join the Illinois Fire Sprinkler Coalition
- Educate – Use the NFPA’s infographics to spread the sprinkler message
- Inform – Tell builders/developers what they need to know about fire sprinklers with NFPA’s free guide.
- Spread the Word – Share NFPA’s videos, including case studies on cost-effective fire sprinkler installations.
- Advocate – Use NFPA templates to create op-eds supporting fire sprinkler requirements.
Check Out Or Videos on the Life-Saving Benefits of Home Fire Sprinklers
Click on the images above to view the Illinois Fire Sprinkler Coalition’s two public service announcements: The first PSA (left) features Hank Clemmensen, fire chief of the Palatine Rural Fire Protection District and president of the International Association of Fire Chiefs. The second PSA (right) features a side-by-side comparison of a fire sprinkler-protected fire and an unsprinklered fire.